The Southern African Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases
INDVAC 2015 have reserved 4 fully funded seats for participants from Africa. The scholarship covers travel, registration and
accommodation. Click here to download the flyer on information about the course and the INDVAC website.
The Southern African Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases was established at the biennial conference of the South African
Paediatric Association on 31st May 2008 at Sun City. A constitution was discussed and adopted after insightful contributions from
colleagues. The Society is affiliated to FIDSSA (Federation of Southern African infectious Diseases Societies).
The aims of the Society are:
- To advance the understanding of paediatric infectious diseases.
- To promote the exchange of information relating to all aspects of paediatric infectious diseases
- To foster greater collaboration between the clinical and laboratory based
- Disciplines. These include Adult Infectious diseases, Medical Virology and Medical microbiology and Infection Control
- To promote the development and exchange of knowledge, information and ideas in support of the prevention and control of hospital and community associated paediatric infections
- To advise with regard to the training and maintenance of standards within the disciplines.
- To forge links with societies representing similar interests throughout the world.
- To promote a family-based approach to infectious diseases in the community
- to further the Society proposes to affiliate with the World Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases.
to download Registration Form