Submission of Abstracts
The Organising Committee invites submission of abstracts to be considered for oral or poster presentation.
Click here to Submit an Abstract
Submission of Abstracts Deadline: 31 July 2017
The Organising Committee invites submission of abstracts to be considered for oral or poster presentation (please indicate your preference). Authors are requested to follow the instructions clearly.
Maximum of 300 words in MS Word. Page set up with A4 margins, top, bottom, Font: Arial 10pt.
No graphs or diagrams permitted.
Categories for Submission:
- Clinical Microbiology (SASCM)
- Infectious Diseases (IDSSA)
- Paediatric Infectious Diseases (SASPID)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDSSA)
- Infection Control (ICSSA)
- Travel Medicine (SASTM)
- Antimicrobial Resistance (SAASP)
- Case Report
The award will cover accommodation and registration, for 5 delegates to the congress. Requirements are:
- Submission and acceptance of an original research abstract on any topic relating to the 6 FIDSSA Societies (case reports will not qualify)
- Only open to registrars, nurses or scientists, post-graduate students (including MSc & PhD)
- Consideration will be given to those with limited funding for FIDSSA Congress attendance.
Note: The judges’ decision will be final.
- Best Oral Presentation: R10 000
- Best Poster Presentation: R 5 000
- Best Antimicrobial Stewardship Abstract
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee who reserve the right to accept and allocate abstracts for either poster or oral presentation. The official language of the conference is English. There will be selected oral presentations. Presenters will be notified by 30 August 2017 if their abstract has been accepted. All presenters of accepted abstracts must be registered as congress delegates. Early registration fee will apply.
Abstracts will be published in The South African Journal of Infectious Diseases